By Tim Amerlinck, @timmeroo
It’s Week 5 in the Big Brother 15 house so it’s time to take a look at how everyone is playing and who has what it takes to go the distance in the game.
Disclaimer: Please keep in mind this is in no way a list of my favourite players, this is just how I perceive the players to be doing in the game for the time being.
• Andy – While his popping in and out of rooms and interrupting conversations is probably one of the most annoying traits a houseguest can have as a viewer, I have to give Andy kudos. He somehow has found himself in good with practically everyone still in this game. He’s lied to several people in this game, including Aaryn and GinaMarie and yet they seem to trust him completely. He is solid with the “House Majority” alliance, the Goof Troop (x2), and he has a final 2 deal with Helen. My only concern is that Andy may have made too many deals and have trouble keeping trust with all of the people in the game.
4.5 cat shirts / 5 cat shirts
• McCrae – The pizza boy hasn’t really been doing it for me this season, but he has positioned himself really well in this game. He has formed several alliances, all of whom trust him completely. He even betrayed Spencer and the rest of the Moving Company, yet Spencer seems to be blind to that fact. He of course has a showmance with Amanda which I usually find to be a distraction from good gameplay, but in doing so he has found himself a shield in Amanda who the houseguests seem to believe is the more dangerous competitor of the two. My concern for McCrae is that all of the showmances so far this year have been split up each week. If the trend continues this could prove detrimental for McCrae.
4.5 pizzas / 5 pizzas
• Helen – This woman is a control freak and still suffers from HOH-itis from her first (and only) reign as HOH. She has made several great moves in this game and has put her skills in the political field to work. She’s successfully gained trust with Aaryn, who’s HOH she controlled last week, on top of having a final 2 with Andy and being a part of the “House Majority” alliance. My concern with Helen lies in the fact that she hasn’t taken a backseat in a lot of these evictions. People may see her as the kingpin and target her for eviction. She is also on the outs of the Goof Trip alliance and this could be a downfall of hers.
4 jumping jacks / 5 jumping jacks
• Aaryn – All racist remarks aside, this girl has gone from the bottom of the segregated fish tank to somewhere in the middle, gaining quite a few positions in the house this week. She is now Judd’s replacement for the Goof Troop alliance and no one suspects her of having loyalty to these people either. She is in good graces with the Helen and Judd, and her best friend in the house is now HOH. She is basically, with the guidance of Helen and Amanda, influencing GinaMarie’s HOH nominations this week. My only concern for Aaryn is that her actions in the game so far will come back to hurt her.
4 white hoods / 5 white hoods
• Judd – Judd has seen his share of blame for being MVP for the last two weeks (mainly from Amanda). Candice outing Amanda’s worry over Judd being MVP was the best thing that could have happened to Judd this week. He was able to further convince people of his innocence and clear his name. While there has been talk of Judd being a shady character in the house he still sits pretty solidly with the “House Majority” alliance and has made efforts in getting close with Aaryn in the game. My concern for Judd is due in part to the double eviction coming up. If he is able to convince the original Goof Trip members that he is innocent of being MVP and bigger targets form this week then he may be safe.
3.5 king crowns / 5 king crowns
• Elissa – She has somehow gone from MVP queen to a ghost in the Big Brother house. She’s gladly taken a backseat to the game now and is letting people put targets on their backs rather than painting one on her own back. She has been vocal about wanting to save Candice for a few weeks now, so if the plan to get Amanda out this week is successful that may curry her favour with Candice and the rest in on the plan. She is still in good with the “House Majority” alliance, but hasn’t made any really solid connections with anyone other than Helen. My concern for her is that she may not have bonded well enough with the other houseguests and is still seen as disposable to a lot of the cast.
3.5 downward facing dogs / 5 downward facing dogs
• Jessie – While she isn’t in solidly with a lot of the cast, she still holds a position in the “House Majority” alliance. Her pivotal role in flipping this house has since been forgotten and as predicted she is still the bottom of a majority alliance. She did however manage to squeak out a win in the POV competition which will save her ass for at least another week. My concern for Jessie is that she really needs to get to work on finding people she’s able to connect with in the game. People haven’t seemed to have bonded as well with her and her social game has been suffering.
3 boyfriend stealers / 5 boyfriend stealers
• GinaMarie – After calling these people “cock-uh-roaches” only a few short weeks ago, it seems GinaMarie has been hit with a case of amnesia this week. She has since decided that Candice is her biggest threat in this game. Although she won HOH this week, she is putting it to waste and nominating the people who are on the outs of this game. People still don’t see her as a threat, and this is the only thing that could make her stay in the Big Brother house a little longer. My concern for GinaMarie is that she seems to have no clue what is happening in this game. She only really has a solid alliance with Aaryn at this point and isn’t using her reign as HOH effectively this week.
2.5 cockroaches / 5 cockroaches
• Amanda – Amanda has hit a bit of a rough patch these past few weeks. She has found herself nominated by America two weeks in a row now and this has made her extremely paranoid. This is not a good thing for someone like Amanda who doesn’t know how to keep quiet. Through her paranoia she’s managed to spread rumours of Judd being MVP which she was called out on. She’s also started fights and left a bad taste in some of the houseguests’ mouths. People are already talking about sending her home this week, and if she’s not lucky that plan may succeed. Not to completely discredit Amanda as she has played pivotal roles in getting people kicked out of the house. My concern for Amanda is that she needs lessons in keeping her cool in this game. Big Brother is not a good game for those with big mouths, and she may find out sooner rather than later that it’s better to keep some things to herself.
2.5 band-aids / 5 band-aids
• Spencer – For someone who has had to do a lot of damage control this last week, he has somehow managed to take a somewhat obvious target off his back. He has been able to mend some bridges this week but he still finds himself on the outs. He is the only one left from the Moving Company (besides McCrae who betrayed the alliance), so this could either help or hinder him. The houseguests may see his undying loyalty to Howard and the Moving Company as a good thing and seek him out as a new ally. My concern for Spencer in this coming week, should he survive, is the fact that he has no alliance in this game! People may opt for an easy Double Eviction this week and he could find himself out the door in a rather easy vote.
2 roofies / 5 roofies
• Candice – Similarly to Amanda, she has found herself the victim of foot-in-mouth syndrome. Unfortunately for her she’s made herself the centre of attention by fighting to save “Howie” and herself last week. She has come to terms with the fact that she’s on the outs of the majority and put her trust in the hands of the wrong people. Her saving grace may come in the form of Elissa and those spearheading an effort to get Amanda out of the house. My concern for Candice is that she’s not going to be able to gain any favour with the people left in the house. She needs to win a POV or HOH to help her gain some sort of leverage in this house.
1.5 flipped beds / 5 flipped beds