By Tim Amerlinck @timmeroo
It’s now Week 7 in the Big Brother 15 house and we said goodbye to Candice and Judd in the first double eviction of the season. And even though the HGs thought they made some bold moves last night, they really just sent home one of their best allies. Let’s see how that move effects this week’s rankings.
1. Andy – He’s basically positioned himself in a really perfect spot. He has several options of people to finish out this game with (I know that’s still a long way away, but we’re almost there when you think about it). He could continue to stay aligned to the Goof Troop with the newly added Aaryn, he also has the option to finish the game with Helen and Elissa who have an unspoken side alliance with him. I’m almost certain Andy has the most pull with Aaryn as well and he could potentially use that to his advantage in the near future. Andy certainly has done a bang up job in ensuring he’s covered on all sides.
Advice for the future: Understand that to McCranda you’re always going to be considered a third wheel. A better option may be to try and ensure you take Elissa, Helen or Aaryn along with you so that you are almost guaranteed a final 2 position.
4 cigarette puffs / 5 cigarette puffs
2. Elissa – She doesn’t have that many enemies in the game and people certainly underestimate her. This position in the house is not a terrible one to have at this point in the game. She can be the pivotal swing vote and gain favour with people in the house in order to better her game. She doesn’t really have any solid alliance other than with Helen at this point, but as the game winds down people will start to need her vote more and more. Everyone believes that they can just use Elissa for a vote, and if that continues they may end up having to give her their vote in the end.
Advice for the future: You will be a pivotal vote in the near future if people start thinking end game. Use this to your advantage to try and work your way into alliances. Find the people who you think will need you most to get to the end of the game and get on their good side.
3 collagen injections / 5 collagen injections
3. Helen – She certainly thinks she’s in control of this game, but doesn’t have any real solid alliances other than Andy and Elissa at this point. The “House Majority” alliance will soon start to fall apart as we get closer to the end of the game and people will have to turn on one another. I do feel though that Andy is most loyal to Helen and that Helen has made great strides towards forming a bond with Aaryn, who may end up being her saving grace when the time comes. She will also need to keep Elissa close, but I feel as though she will be able to use these people to get her to the end if things go well for her.
Advice for the future: Now may be a good time to reveal your intentions to the people you hold close. Keep bonding with the people you need to get you further in this game and solidify something with these people before it’s too late.
3 BBQ meltdowns / 5 BBQ meltdowns
4. Aaryn – I have to give kudos to Aaryn because she’s certainly proving to be quite the challenge beast. I guess this would make her a Janelle-type player as Helen suggested, except for the fact that she has a god awful personality and no guts to boot! She decided to give in to the house’s demands and get rid of an ally in Judd, someone she probably could’ve worked with had she told him about the Goof Troop replacing him. Winning both challenges tonight was not an especially good move. This may make people see her as a huge threat when it comes to challenges, and she may have painted a target on her back
Advice for the future: It’s important to keep track of numbers and use these numbers to your advantage to get you further in the game. If at some point you see an opportunity to gain a number in the house jump on that opportunity! Understand your role as a villain and use that to your advantage to make people truly believe they could beat you in the end.
2.5 nails in Judd’s coffin / 5 nails in Judd’s coffin
5. McCrae – He made a terrible choice in getting rid of Judd this week. Judd was probably one of the most loyal people to Amanda and McCrae and I feel like out of everyone he had the best chance to use Judd to get to the end. The paranoia of his girlfriend/fiancé/showmance really ruined his chances at making it further in this game. As I said previously though, he does have some protection in Amanda who seems to be the bigger threat as far as the other houseguests are concerned. He does however have the Goof Troop, but if my suspicions are right I feel as though Andy may truly want to take Helen and Elissa over him and Amanda.
Advice for the future: Realize that spending all your time with Amanda is not really helping you in the social department of this game. You need to understand that everyone knows you and Amanda want to go to final 2 together and that people are not going to just hand you this game. Think about the people who you will be able to work with long term and form further bonds.
2 pussy whips / 5 pussy whips
6. Amanda – Her paranoia this week caused her to send home one of her most loyal allies in the game. Luckily for her the MVP twist is no longer in play, so we don’t have to worry about anymore paranoid behaviour from that. do feel like McCrae is her best ally in this game, but because they have been declared an item there may be no way to work people over when they know you have no intention of bringing them to final 2. She has been able to form a solid alliance with Andy and Aaryn, but I worry about their loyalty to McCranda.
Advice for the future: Similarly to McCrae you have to realize that people see you as a power couple in this house and that the honey moon won’t last long at this stage in the game. You need to eliminate the people you feel threaten you from reaching your goal of final 2. Helen and Elissa may stand in the way of Andy being loyal to your alliance and you need to be well aware of this.
2 gallons of spray tan / 5 gallons of spray tan
7. Spencer – He’s been doing the best with what he’s been given in this game, unfortunately there’s not much left for Spencer to play with. His loyalty was to the wrong people in this game and he found out the hard way that sometimes you can’t help but put your trust in the wrong people’s hands. It’s just a matter of time before Spencer finds himself on the outs and being sent packing. He needs an HoH or PoV win to save himself in this game!
Advice for the future: Win! Win! Win! You just need to keep winning PoV’s and HoH’s and you got this game in the bag! Not possible? Okay, then I would try groveling at Amanda’s feet. Apparently she gets to decide who leaves each week!
1.5 search warrants / 5 search warrants
8. Jessie – Her pivotal role in reversing the fates of many of the houseguest’s left in the game has long since been forgotten. I feel like she could be spared this week, but should one of the nominees win PoV Jessie will surely be the replacement nominee. This girl needs to pray that someone decides to paint a huge target on their back shortly because otherwise the end could be near for Jessie. Should this happen Jessie may play another pivotal role in flipping this house and she may end up in a pretty favourable position. To her credit she does know better than most exactly what’s going on in this game and this could either help or hurt her in the coming week.
Advice for the future: Similar to Spencer this girl needs to win some challenges to save her life and have some kind of leverage over the other houseguests with which to make deals! If that doesn’t work than she may need to try groveling at Amanda’s feet as I suggested to Spencer!
1.5 awkward kisses / 5 awkward kisses
9. GinaMarie – This girl is probably one of the most clueless to ever play the game. That’s exactly the thing that could keep her in this game, though. People don’t see GinaMarie as a threat and rightfully so. She only has one ally left in this game and seems to think that she can win by channeling her spirit animal; Nick. So much so that she had set up a shrine in his honour this past week as HoH. I don’t see this girl going very far as she’s not able to make an alliance to save her life. I expect to see her in the jury house very shortly.
Advice for the future: I would say GinaMarie should really play up the stupidity even more! Make people think she’s not a threat at all. I would offer this girl better advice if I thought she would take it, but alas GinaMarie is going to keep doing her thing!
1 future restraining order from Nick / 5 future restraining orders
Disclaimer: Please keep in mind this is in no way a list of my favourite players, this is just how I perceive the players to be doing in the game for the time being.